Wednesday, September 7, 2011

I do not look nor do I strive for perfection ... I embrace the flawed, the bent, the broken, the troubled, the tormented, and I look for the person behind as well as within. I love the element of discovery as I weave through this dichotomy of strength and vulnerability and find the person within the persona often revealing the hidden, protected truth. A peeling away, so-to-speak. I have learned not to expect, not build too tight a framework, to be receptive to spontaneity and the “gifts” that surface during a portrait collaboration. From attitude and mood to body language, energy, and personality the portrait is revealed within a framework of trust. Within this landscape comes opportunity for honest, emotional, provocative revelation. The emotional collaboration of two becomes the vision of one.

Ken Merfeld

No comments:

Post a Comment